The Newnan-Coweta Chamber of Commerce has announced the top ten finalists for the SouthTowne Motors Small Business of the Year award.
From more than 150 nominations a six-judge panel narrowed the field to the top ten.
The finalists are:
Entrepreneur Category (1 to 5 employees)
• AlternaCare Holistic Health & Weightloss – Dr. Rob DeBease
• Bedazzled Flower Shop – Valerie Whittington
• Financial Planning Group – Jon Monsour
• Southern Crescent Solutions – Chris Doane
Growth Category (6-19 employees)
• Lindsey’s, Inc. Realtors – Frank Barron
• PrintSource – Andy Miller
• R. DuBose Jewelers – Ray DuBose
Employer Category (20+ employees)
• Contemporary Catering – John Hanna and Jennifer Hanna
• Healthy Life Chiropractic – Tina McKay, D.C.
• Georgia Pain and Spine Care – Dr. Charlie Brownlow.
The awards ceremony will take place at the Chamber’s monthly breakfast forum on May 22 at 7:30 a.m.
Successful entrepreneur Steve Mader, owner-operator of SouthTowne Motors, will emcee the event.
Seating is limited for the awards ceremony and reservations are highly recommended. Visit NewnanCowetaChamber.org or call 770-253-2270.
The judges rated each company’s strategic plan, revenue growth, uniqueness, and community and Chamber involvement. The top 10 finalists will be interviewed in the coming days to determine each category winner and the overall winner of the award.
In addition to the finalists, five additional companies were recognized by the judges to round out the top 15.
Honorable Mention (Top 15)
• At Home Assistance – Ann Josey and Scears Lee III
• Complete Dental Arts – Dr. Charley Cheney III
• LifePlan Financial Advisors – Gwen Garrison
• ServiceMaster Total Clean – Anyer Morales
• Panoply Interior Design – Martha Ann Parks.
Small Business is big business in Coweta County and nationwide. Nearly 97 percent of all businesses employ fewer than 100 employees and these establishments account for 54 percent of the workforce. Small business accounts for two-thirds of job growth.
Introducing this segment of awards is a testament that small businesses are key contributors to a growing and prosperous economy, said Chamber leaders.
For more information about the awards program contact the Newnan-Coweta Chamber at 770-253-2270 or check www.NewnanCowetaChamber.org .